US fund Artisan urges Seven & i to allow due diligence on Couche-Tard buyout offer

Reuters
2024-10-16

TOKYO, Oct 16 (Reuters) - U.S. fund Artisan Partners urged the board of Seven & i Holdings to allow Canada's Alimentation Couche-Tard $(ACT)$ to conduct due diligence and negotiate a purchase price in its bid to take over the Japanese retail giant.

In a letter dated Oct. 15, Artisan portfolio managers David Samra and Benjamin Herrick said a restructuring plan announced by Seven & i last week was "too little, too late".

"The price currently being offered by ACT is clearly superior to the speculative value that could potentially be achieved by implementing the restructuring plan at this late date," they said in the letter.

The Canadian company announced a preliminary bid for Seven & i in August, and sources said last week it has since hiked its offer by 22% to around $47 billion. If the deal goes ahead, it would be the largest ever overseas buyout of a Japanese firm.

Artisan holds 1.11% of Seven & i's outstanding shares, LSEG data showed.

(Reporting by Rocky Swift; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)

((rocky.swift@thomsonreuters.com;))

免責聲明:投資有風險,本文並非投資建議,以上內容不應被視為任何金融產品的購買或出售要約、建議或邀請,作者或其他用戶的任何相關討論、評論或帖子也不應被視為此類內容。本文僅供一般參考,不考慮您的個人投資目標、財務狀況或需求。TTM對信息的準確性和完整性不承擔任何責任或保證,投資者應自行研究並在投資前尋求專業建議。

熱議股票

  1. 1
     
     
     
     
  2. 2
     
     
     
     
  3. 3
     
     
     
     
  4. 4
     
     
     
     
  5. 5
     
     
     
     
  6. 6
     
     
     
     
  7. 7
     
     
     
     
  8. 8
     
     
     
     
  9. 9
     
     
     
     
  10. 10