- Apple TV+ is losing more than $1 billion a year despite subscriptions last year growing to 45 million, The Information reported Thursday, citing people with direct knowledge of the matter.
- Apple has previously spent more than $5 billion a year on content since launching the streaming platform in 2019, but has since trimmed that budget by about $500 million, The Information said.
- The audience for Apple TV+ remains relatively small, comprising less than 1% of total viewing on streaming services in the U.S. each month, The Information said, citing Nielsen data.
- Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Full article at https://www.theinformation.com/articles/apple-streaming-losses-top-1-billion-year
Write to Katherine Hamilton at katherine.hamilton@wsj.com
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
March 20, 2025 10:52 ET (14:52 GMT)
Copyright (c) 2025 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
免責聲明:投資有風險,本文並非投資建議,以上內容不應被視為任何金融產品的購買或出售要約、建議或邀請,作者或其他用戶的任何相關討論、評論或帖子也不應被視為此類內容。本文僅供一般參考,不考慮您的個人投資目標、財務狀況或需求。TTM對信息的準確性和完整性不承擔任何責任或保證,投資者應自行研究並在投資前尋求專業建議。