By Chris Wack
Hyundai Motor Group said its Hyundai Motor America subsidiary wouldn't raise prices until at least June 2, following a similar move by Ford Motor, after President Trump's latest tariff announcement earlier this week.
Hyundai Motor America said it was launching its Customer Assurance program in response to dynamic market conditions and the potential impact of tariffs on the automotive industry.
The company said this initiative ensures that customers who purchase or lease any new Hyundai vehicle between Friday and June 2 will see no increase in the manufacturer's suggested retail price, or MSRP, during the protection window.
On Thursday Ford Motor launched its own program, highlighting its American-made vehicles and extending its employee discounts to the wider buying public. That campaign also runs through June 2.
Two weeks ago, Hyundai Motor said it will be investing $21 billion in the U.S. from 2025 to 2028. This investment will be focused on expanding manufacturing capabilities, advancing future technologies, and improving energy infrastructure in America, the automaker said, adding that it could create more than 100,000 direct and indirect jobs.
Write to Chris Wack at chris.wack@wsj.com
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
April 04, 2025 13:30 ET (17:30 GMT)
Copyright (c) 2025 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
免責聲明:投資有風險,本文並非投資建議,以上內容不應被視為任何金融產品的購買或出售要約、建議或邀請,作者或其他用戶的任何相關討論、評論或帖子也不應被視為此類內容。本文僅供一般參考,不考慮您的個人投資目標、財務狀況或需求。TTM對信息的準確性和完整性不承擔任何責任或保證,投資者應自行研究並在投資前尋求專業建議。