Walmart denies ABC News report it could join investor group to buy TikTok

Reuters
昨天
UPDATE 1-Walmart denies ABC News report it could join investor group to buy TikTok

New throughout with denial of report; changes identifier for media clients

April 4 (Reuters) - Walmart WMT.N on Friday denied a report from ABC News that it was considering joining a group of investors to buy short video app TikTok.

Earlier on Friday, ABC News reporter Selina Wang said in a post on X that the world's largest retailer was "actively considering" joining a group of investors to buy the short video app, citing sources close to the deal. Walmart's interest was triggered by Amazon's involvement, the post and a subsequent story on ABC's website said.

A Walmart spokesperson said the ABC story was incorrect and pointed out that the story had been taken down from the site.

The link to the piece on the ABC News website now says "page unavailable." ABC News was not immediately available to comment.

Walmart had been previously linked to TikTok when it considered teaming up with Microsoft to buy the app in 2020. U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday extended by 75 days a deadline for ByteDance to sell U.S. assets of the popular short video app to a non-Chinese buyer.

(Reporting by Jaspreet Singh in Bengaluru and Siddharth Cavale in New York; Editing by Leroy Leo and Rosalba O'Brien)

((Jaspreet.Singh@thomsonreuters.com; on X @i_jass;))

免責聲明:投資有風險,本文並非投資建議,以上內容不應被視為任何金融產品的購買或出售要約、建議或邀請,作者或其他用戶的任何相關討論、評論或帖子也不應被視為此類內容。本文僅供一般參考,不考慮您的個人投資目標、財務狀況或需求。TTM對信息的準確性和完整性不承擔任何責任或保證,投資者應自行研究並在投資前尋求專業建議。

熱議股票

  1. 1
     
     
     
     
  2. 2
     
     
     
     
  3. 3
     
     
     
     
  4. 4
     
     
     
     
  5. 5
     
     
     
     
  6. 6
     
     
     
     
  7. 7
     
     
     
     
  8. 8
     
     
     
     
  9. 9
     
     
     
     
  10. 10